Holland MI
Mostly cloudy
humidity: 64%
wind speed: 4 mph NW

Call Security?

Posted by on 2 in Neighborhood News

So my neighbor, who may or may not be a renter, is making a lot of noise…or parking too many cars that block the road…or setting off firecrackers…. What does a Macatawa resident do about that?

Macatawa Park Cottagers’ Association dues help to support a gatehouse manager, with staff and a golfcart (among other things). Our manager, Terry VandenBerg, is an Allegan County sheriff who lives nearby. He has established regular, daily hours during the summer, with weekends staffed during May. The gatehouse has a Policies & Procedures Manual, and keeps a daily activities log. Staff also delivers packages from FedEx and UPS to help keep the roads safe during the busy season.

According to both the updated informational pamphlet (created by your trustees & given to renters at the gatehouse) and the information in the yearly Directory, a resident has options if s/he has ‘neighborhood disturbance issues’.

During gatehouse daytime /evening hours, call the gatehouse: 616.298.1463 or text/call Terry 616.836.3649. Gatehouse email address: [email protected] Staff will respond by coming to your cottage if necessary in an effort to de-activate the situation. Again, if necessary, staff will contact the manager for more on-site interaction. Off-season and/or after-hours, when the gatehouse is closed, residents may call Allegan County Central Dispatch (269.673.3899) or Ottawa County (800.249.0911) or 9-1-1.

Views: 937 views