HERE IS HOW WE HANDLE PARKING IN MACATAWA PARK
1. Park only in the spaces assigned to the cottage you are staying in. If you do not know the location of those spaces, please check with the owner from whom you are renting the cottage.
2. If you have invited guests to your cottage, you must have parking available for them in spaces assigned to your cottage.
3. Please notify the security staff at the gatehouse of when your guests will be arriving.
4. No RV’s, or boat trailers may be parked in the central section parking lot (upper lot).
5. Most of the parking spaces are not adjacent and/or near to the cottages. You should consider using a wheelable cart (many cottagers have these available for you) to transport your groceries, suitcases, etc from your car to your cottage. Much more enjoyable a walk that way!
6. Many children walk and ride their bikes in our parking lots and often they do not see you and your car! Please drive at a snail’s pace in our parking lots, and please watch out for children!
7. REMEMBER! PARKING IS VERY LIMITED IN MACATAWA PARK. IF YOU PARK IN SOMEONE ELSE’S SPACE, YOUR CAR WILL BE TOWED!
MACATAWA PARKING CORPORATION RULES AND REGULATIONS
The following rules and regulations are to be followed in the parking lots by owners, renters and guests. The 2015 Board of Directors of the Macatawa Parking Corporation are: Brent Cady, President; Jafer Patterson Vice-President; Jafer Patterson, Secretary; Dan Mitchell, Treasurer; Director, MaryBeth Mencarelli.
1. No more than one car per space may be in a parking space.
2. No vehicle (including any extension to that vehicle such as trailers, bike racks, etc.) may exceed 20 feet in length.
3. Speed limit through Upper and Lower Lots is 5 miles per hour.
4. All service vehicles (plumbers, electricians, etc.) must park in the space designated.
5. All emergency vehicles have the gate code and/or the ability to raise the gates.
6. The designated turnaround area is to be kept free of all vehicles at all times. No drop-offs at the end of the upper lot.
7. If an unauthorized vehicle is parked in an owner’s space, please call the gatehouse to have the car towed, #616-335-3783.
8. Owner parking stickers are available through an MPC board member. The gatehouse does not have these available.